skyTeam Forum
What we learned from Luke Falk last night - Version imprimable

+- skyTeam Forum (http://skytx.fr)
+-- Forum : skyTeam Informations (http://skytx.fr/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum : Annonces officielles (http://skytx.fr/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Sujet : What we learned from Luke Falk last night (/showthread.php?tid=662613)

What we learned from Luke Falk last night - zhangzk - 07-11-2018

In case you live under a rock Youth Jonnu Smith Jersey , 1) The Titans played some preseason football last night, where they lost to the Packers 31-17, 2) How are you even alive after living under a rock? That must be suffocating.While the Titans lost, it’s a preseason game, so there’s no harm done. One player I wanted to highlight is rookie 6th round pick Luke Falk, who is on a quest to become the Titans’ long term backup quarterback. He was 10/19 for 105 yards and a touchdown, and as the stats show, his accuracy was not real good.Let’s take a look at a few throws from Falk to help illustrate what I saw from him. The first is perhaps the worst throw I’ve seen from this preseason so far. Please direct your attention to the play below.I can’t believe what I’m seeing....gamepass.nfl.comI mean, this pass is nowhere near Devin Ross. It’s bad enough that Ross burned his man and was missed by his quarterback, but “missed” is being generous. This is The Room of bad throws, a throw that’s so bad it’s actually transcended the traditional label of “bad throws” and has entered the realm of entertainingly bad. Let me put it this way; If this was thrown in a regular season game, it would’ve been the bad throw of a lifetime Womens Brian Orakpo Jersey , a once in a generation awful throw.Anyway, the throw illustrates the lack of arm talent Falk has and has me doing the thousand yard stare, but thankfully his very next throw is a positive one.A good throw which means my eyes have been cleansed to an extent from the previous play. gamepass.nfl.comHere, Falk displays very good patience as his route develops. In actual regular season action against better defenses, he’d get caught planting his feet and locking his eyes on the receiver, but at least the throw here to Deontay Burnett is pretty. Outside of this throw, however, Falk was wide of the mark. He missed a few shorter throws even though the receivers were clearly open.Oh.....gamepass.nfl.comErratic accuracy is a concern I had with Falk in college, and it was also a concern here. Granted, it’s preseason, but if Marcus Mariota goes down, the Titans are screwed. Blaine Gabbert is a terrible starter Womens Brett Kern Jersey , and Falk is a 6th round prospect who is clearly flawed. Overall, there’s more throws out there to look at, but I just wanted to give a quick look into Falk’s performance. I kind of expected this from him, so there’s nothing to get mad at, but at the same time, Falk has to make improvements if he wants any chance at being the 2nd string quarterback.What are the odds? Titans vs. Dolphins The Tennessee Titans will open a new era on Sunday afternoon in Miami against the Dolphins. New uniforms and a new coaching staff — this team definitely has a different feel to it than last year’s. The only problem is that we still don’t know what the finished product is going to look like.On paper, the Titans are more talented than the Dolphins. I don’t think many people would contest that statement. However, Tennessee limped through the preseason, unable to create or develop any chemistry with the first team offense or defense. Key players like Delanie Walker, Corey Davis, Rishard Matthews, Brian Orakpo http://www.titansfootballauthentics.com/malcolm-butler-jersey-authentic , Derrick Morgan, Rashaan Evans, Harold Landry and others missed some time during camp or the preseason. Most of those names should return this week, giving us our first true glimpse of what the first team will look like. The oddsmakers aren’t all that thrilled with the Titans at this point. Tennessee is just a one point favorite over the Dolphins as of Wednesday. Part of that is playing on the road, but I think another part of it is the pure unknown of what this Titans team will be in 2018. Another part could be the injuries which I mentioned above. Key MatchupCameron Wake vs. Dennis KellyJack Conklin was activated to be a part of the initial 53 man roster, but it would probably be a major upset if he played. In steps Dennis Kelly, who has filled the right tackle role in his absence. If he gets the go on Sunday, he can expect to see plenty of Cameron Wake, who is still getting it done at 36 years old. That’s a problematic matchup for Tennessee and Marcus Mariota, who knows all about Wake. Back in 2015, Wake got to Mariota four times, capitalizing on a matchup with Jeremiah Poutasi. That constant pressure coming right at Mariota’s eyes was enough to cripple the Titans Youth Dennis Kelly Jersey , leading to a 38-10 Miami win. I wouldn’t expect this staff to leave Kelly out on an island like Ken Whisenhunt did with Poutasi, however. Look for plenty of blocking help from the backs and tight ends, along with plenty of quick screens to neutralize that pass rush. The PickTitans -1I don’t feel great about this one, to be honest. There are too many unknowns for me, even though the Dolphins project to finish in the bottom third of the league. A road game in the Miami heat could present a tough environment for a Titans team that has yet to put all of their pieces together. Remember, Ryan Tannehill is healthy once again for the Dolphins, which should provide some stability for an offense that struggled through 2017 with Jay Cutler.I’m going to rely on the fact that the Titans are the more talented team here. It feels like one of those games where they’re able to find a way late. Matt LaFleur’s offense has largely been kept under wraps to this point too, adding another layer of unknown for the Dolphins. The loss of Ndamukong Suh should open up some running lanes for Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis, which should create some play action opportunities for Marcus Mariota. I think the Dolphins are catching the Titans at a good time, but Tennessee should have enough talent to win a close one.